Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've been thinking that I will write about something other than snow - but it seems to be the hot topic around the world these days. Or at least in the parts of the world that I connect with.

Seems I have missed the snowiest winter ever recorded in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area! School children in our old neighborhood have gone 12 days without going to school - that's longer than their winter break in December/January was. Anyway, I (lover of snow) have missed it. I've missed the blizzard of a lifetime and all the sleeping in, shoveling snow and drinking hot chocolate that goes with it. Somehow I will get through this!

Seems there is snow everywhere. Did you hear that it snowed in 49 states the other day? Even my home state of Florida got snow! Can you imagine the kids in the Panama City screaming with delight as the flakes fell? It reminds me of the time when I was at a junior high school basketball game. Someone opened the door to the gym and we all saw that it was snowing in Winter Park, Florida. It was beautiful....and memorable.

The game was delayed as the gym emptied out in record time. We stood outside for a few minutes catching snowflakes on our tongues. There weren't enough flakes to amount to anything - but we had snow in Florida and that was all that mattered. I can't tell you anything at all about the actual basketball game, but I will always remember how thrilled I was to witness actual snow falling. It made my day. Whether it be snow, basketball games or sleeping late, I hope you can find something to make your day. Remember, no matter the weather, MAKE EVERY DAY A SNOW DAY!




1 comment:

  1. I know, can you believe it. I bet your boys wish they were in Virginia this school year, a whole extra week vacation starting and ending with weekends............who knew.

    ReplyDelete