Sunday, January 24, 2010

Frosting Our Day


We got a light dusting of snow today. It's nice. But as far as me and snow go - more is better. This one just barely covered the bits and pieces left from our last snow fall. I'll take it though. And so will the dog.

Guinness is like me. He LOVES the snow. Even today, with just a small amount, he managed to prance and trot around. He embraces the snow for all it's worth. And for reasons we don't understand, he gets some kind of joy out of rubbing his face and rolling in the snow. It starts with his backside in the air as he lowers his head to the ground. From there he rubs his chin and the sides of his face on the cold ground. When he is satisfied with that, he transitions into flopping on his side and rolling his body from side to side - all while moaning in delight. It's quite a sight and it seems to make everyone smile - either in embarrassment for us having such a weird dog, or in envy that they can't do the same. Even the dog enjoys a snow day!

But for me, I look out my third floor window and I don't see the snow on the ground unless I walk over and look down. Instead I see how the barren Chestnut tree branches are just barely topped with a layer of pure, white, frosty goodness. It makes for a nice contrast - the fluffy,white on the solid wood. If I could paint, that is what I would paint today. The view out my window - the intersecting branches with the dusting of snow. It'd be a fabulous, soothing painting.

Since I won't be rolling in the snow or painting today I've decided to just enjoy my inside time. For kicks I pulled out a Kraft recipe for
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread that I had ripped out of a magazine years ago. The picture makes me think of the tree branches outside - intersecting cinnamon dough balls drizzled in fluffy cream cheese frosting. Okay, it's a stretch, but trust me when I say this - it was simple to make and it got rave reviews. On a decorative cake plate it easily looks like a bakery creation. This recipe meets the criteria to move to the front of the stack. Try it and let me know what you think.

So here's my weather report - snow or not, MAKE EVERY DAY A SNOW DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment